10) It is the first race of the year. It’s a great chance to catch up with all your paddling and summer friends
9) It is at a killer venue!! Good positive vibes, music, drinks…
8) SICK SWAG bags… Dawn has a reputation for having the best swag bags in MD
7) You can win a paddle board, beach cruiser and more in the raffle. There are also a lot of vendors selling stuff
6) The course will challenge you. There are very few races like this in MD. It tests you in multiple phases including sprinting, endurance, race turns, upwind, downwind, side chop. It has a little bit of everything and it will be windy. Allows you to really test yourself
5) Its at the beach!! Make it a weekend, bring the family. Who doesn’t like the beach?
4) 5 mile and 2.5 mile so there is something for everyone. It’s the first race of the year so maybe your endurance isn’t built up yet, it gives you options.
3) Awesome kids race after the main race. It is the only race in MD that really does a true kids race. Goes back to # 5 bring the whole family, there is something for everyone
2) It’s for a good cause. Parts of the proceeds go to the Maryland Coastal Bay program
1) ITS FUN… This is not the BOP, there is no pressure. Just come out, have a great time and enjoy yourself…. Even if you don’t race just come watch, this is one of the best spectator friendly races around
Hope to see everyone there