Well the Sandy Point Paddlefest is this scheduled for this weekend but Joaquin is trying its hardest to change that. It is still a few days away so we really don’t know 100% what is going to happen but we will keep an eye on it and get updates from local weatherman Wyatt Everhart.
Right now it looks like rain and high winds, the short course most likely (if conditions hold) will get moved to the protected creek and the elite course is still up in the air. I spoke with the organizers who have stated obviously that racers safety is their # 1 concern and will update people as soon as they can. The coastguard is involved in the safety at this race so they will do what is best.
Rain/shine/wind it doesn’t matter it will still be a blast. SO plan on bribing a positive attitude, maybe some rain gear ha, and have a blast!! Remember this race is not about winning or losing, its WAY BIGGER than that. Its about supporting a great cause