AKA Dawn’s 1st Ocean City race is happening this Saturay!! BE THERE https://paddleguru.com/races/SurfSwapChallengenowFLOATFEST2016
Some of the story lines to keep an eye out for:
- The top 4 paddlers are pretty much already set, between Q, Brian M, Goose, and Ron they will be battling it out for the top 4 spots but who will go 1, 2, 3?
- The 2nd batch of paddlers may even be a closer race. Schmidt, Cook, Emerson, Nick B, and Big E will all be charging hard for it
- THE BOW 5 (battle of the weathermen) between Baltimore’s Wyatt Everhart and Ocean City’s Brian Keane….. Who will take it?
- On the ladies side keep an eye out for some new names up on the podium
- Rar is gonna be there, one of if not the best MD craft brewery so that is really the most important thing 🙂
We will have a table set up selling some gear. Swing by and check it out
From the organizers:
“The Surf Swap Challenge, now the Float Fest 2016 is an event that covers all levels of stand up paddleboarding. It is a full day of racing, eating, and enjoying a wonderful day on the bay at Fager’s Island Bar & Restaurant, 60th St. & the Bay, Ocean City, MD. Proceeds from the event will go to the Maryland Coastal Bays Program Terrapin program.
Online pre-registration is open until 5pm on June 3, 2016. Same day registration will be offered with an increased price starting at 7:30am on race day at Fager’s Island.
The day will start off at 9am with a 5 mile ELITE Race and 2.5 mile Recreational Race, followed by a Kids Race at 11am, then a FUN FLOAT pull race. The course will be decided on race day based on current wind conditions to make it ideal for racers. Weather pending, it will be a flat water race with buoy turns and a great spectators event. Cash and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in the ELITE category and prizes to the REC and kids Race. Stand up paddle boards will be provided for the Kids Race. Awards will be as soon as the kids race is complete.
This year the day is going to evolve into a new event-FLOAT FEST from 12-4pm! RAR Brewing Company and Hoop Tea are the main sponsors and will be featured in an all inclusive price for drinks, food and music by Higher Education and a live DJ on the outside decks and beaches. Participants can enjoy the bay waters on their favorite float(turtles, dolphins, flamingos-think FUN) while taking in some sun and listening to top notch entertainment from the water.
For Accomodations, please contact the Seabay Inn, 1-800-888-2229/410-524-6100 and ask for the Fagers SUP June Event room block. Group # 8839″