Stoked Yogi and BeachBee Yoga are excited to bring to the east coast this summer 5 day, 4 night all-inclusive getaway trainings that will certify you to teach stand up paddle board yoga and also offer you a beautiful weekend of relaxation and restoration.
Stoked Yogi founder Amelia Travis has trained over one hundred twenty five yoga instructors how to adapt the practice of yoga safely to the stand up paddle board. This weekend will give you 30 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance and give you the skills and confidence to guide beginners and advanced practitioners alike in the practice of “aqua asana.” BeachBee Yoga & SUP owner, Mary K. Benney, has over 1,000 teaching hours and brings to her classes experience in a laid-back and playful approach, wanting to make yoga fun and accessible for every type of body. She is a 200hr yoga teacher graduate from Yoga Well in San Diego and after relocating from California in 2011, she completed her prenatal teacher training (RPYT) at Charm City Yoga in Baltimore before opening her studio in downtown Havre de Grace, MD.
THIS 5 DAY, 40 HOUR STAND UP PADDLE BOARD YOGA TEACHER CERTIFICATION COURSE INCLUDES:
- PaddleFit Level One Certification ($295 value)
- WPA Level One Certification ($295 value)
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including 2 set sequences: beginner and advanced.
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Unlimited use of Glide Yoga stand up paddle boards during non-training hours.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors: Polar Bottle, Violet Love Headbands, Raw Elements sunscreen, Sunskis, and more!
- Photos and videos of the retreat.
- Accommodations on-site in a private residence
- 3 meals per day – using fresh, local, seasonal & organic ingredients – prepared by private chef
Early Bird Tuition – Paid before 5/8/15: $1350
Tuition after 5/9/15: $1450
All rates noted are per person.
Deposit of $450 is required to reserve your space, balance due 30 days prior to training in order to keep early bird price.
For more information, dates and locations, and to register visit www.stokedyogi.com