Good luck to everyone racing in Carolina this weekend!
I have been every year since it started and its one of my favorite races to go to. The town of Wrightsville is such an awesome place! The weather is always nice, the water is clean and clear, and the atmosphere is awesome. I have to miss it this year unfortunately but it sounds like it will be bigger and better than ever. There are more board companies and pro’s going then the past few years so soak it all in if you are going. With all that is going on while you’re there it’s easy to get distracted and not take it all in. Here are a few MUST DO things if you go.
– Paddle around the coastal waterways for fun. You can’t soak in the great sites and wildlife while you’re racing.
– Eat at Tower 7 at some point while you are there. (Fish taco’s are on point).
– Take a sup surf board with you in case there are waves.
– Grab a beer at Lagerheads or Red Dawgs one night.
– Head to the beach to watch the pro’s come in. It’s the only chance (Unless you fly to Cali) to see this many elite pro’s at a race on the east coast. Soak it in
Have fun and paddle hard!!